Muslim Rage-a different view?

It was said that its not possible to be racist against Muslims because Muslims are not a race. I merely concurred with this and said then in that case, all the anti Muslim threads which are claimed to be racist can't be, .

Most racists are so dim most consider Muslims a race, so yes they can be racist purely and partly by their own definition of Muslim.

I know you can't define a Muslim by race, try telling that to a racist though. He or SHE will argue till the end of time.

Most racists are so dim most consider Muslims a race, so yes they can be racist purely and partly by their own definition of Muslim.

I know you can't define a Muslim by race, try telling that to a racist though. He or SHE will argue till the end of time.

I see what you did there lol

It was said that its not possible to be racist against Muslims because Muslims are not a race.

This bit is true

So by that logic then anyone who hates Muslims is not racist...?

But then

I merely concurred with this and said then in that case, all the anti Muslim threads which are claimed to be racist can't be, because Muslims aren't a race.

No you didn't.

By trying to show that some Muslims are nice it shows that the poster feels the need to do it, so yes it is racist...albeit not in a negative way granted.

You said nothing about all the anti Muslim threads.

You said quite clearly that trying to show that some Muslims are nice it's racism. As if attempting to counter a stereotype makes you guilty of stereotyping.

Nonsense.

How have you arrived at that conclusion?
Some people seem only to see the infrequent examples of 'reasonable' behaviour, and talk of them as if they are the norm, expecting everyone else to do so as well, when everyone else can see that it's more the exception, and that on the whole, they are not so very nice at all.

I met a nice muslim the other day.

I didnt know he was a muslim, he helped me back my car into a parking space, told me he thought i had a lovely motor, had a little chat with me then told me where i could find a little prayer to say over it so nothing bad would happen to it.

A lovely genuinly decent fellow and a real pleasure to meet.

But there isn't a prayer that you can say over a car to prevent anything bad from happening to it. He was telling you a lie.

I don't know anybody who thinks Islam or Muslim is a race other than people who conflate the two when faced with criticism of Islam or Muslims. Most Muslims in the UK are from a particular ethnic background which you have to admit becomes highly convenient as it allows people to shut down that criticism and discussion with false cries of racism. :)

Edited by SevenRivers

Some people seem only to see the infrequent examples of 'reasonable' behaviour, and talk of them as if they are the norm, expecting everyone else to do so as well, when everyone else can see that it's more the exception, and that on the whole, they are not so very nice at all.

Indeed, and what's your point in relation to this thread?

Usually its the pro muslim posters that shout racism the loudest,does that make pro muslims racist?

So you believe that 'normal' behaviour from any Muslim is unusual?

You probably interact with normal moderate Muslims everyday and don't even realise it.

I met a nice muslim the other day.

I didnt know he was a muslim, he helped me back my car into a parking space, told me he thought i had a lovely motor, had a little chat with me then told me where i could find a little prayer to say over it so nothing bad would happen to it.

A lovely genuinly decent fellow and a real pleasure to meet.

I'm sure you used a different username when you posted the same story on the 'Blasphemy case against a Christian minor' thread (post now deleted after heaving pruning of thread). I think it was Convict Edd.