Boy Dave Cameroon

I see Boy Dave has been trumpeting that if he is returned to power next election - we may be given a vote on the EU. Only "maybe" at this time but as we near the day of placing our cross on the paper, what's the betting we will be promised a vote.

Sadly I just would not believe him, or Clogg or Millybore, none of them are to be believed IMHO.

Angel.

I see Boy Dave has been trumpeting that if he is returned to power next election - we may be given a vote on the EU. Only "maybe" at this time but as we near the day of placing our cross on the paper, what's the betting we will be promised a vote.

Sadly I just would not believe him, or Clogg or Millybore, none of them are to be believed IMHO.

Angel.

Well I have to say that if there were a promise of a vote on our EU membership then he would get my vote.

Sadly Gordon Brown lied about a referendum on the Lisbon Treaty but had no intention of following through with his promise. However I would probably trust Cameron on this one as the majority of his MPs, party and the electorate would want it. Brown on the other hand was always going to renege because what he was offering would have upset the unions.

If he said this it is to pre-empt a promise (do they do pledges any more) that Labour are planning for pretty much the same thing.

If they both promise this it will be brilliant. Repeated polls seem to indicate that the public want a say on EU membership.

If he said this it is to pre-empt a promise (do they do pledges any more) that Labour are planning for pretty much the same thing.

If they both promise this it will be brilliant. Repeated polls seem to indicate that the public want a say on EU membership.

Aye, of course the actual question asked iwould be another can of worms. Very doubtful if it would be, "In the EU - or Out of the EU.

Angel.

Aye, of course the actual question asked iwould be another can of worms. Very doubtful if it would be, "In the EU - or Out of the EU.

Angel.

The actual question is a different thing altogether. The promise is to make up a question at some later date.

We will have our referendum but I think it will be about renegotiating for a more peripheral role to be honest.

Angel.

Boy George has more chance of winning the next election.:hihi:

Archived