April Jones 5 yr old goes missing

At one point they were considering the possiblity it was a left hand drive vehicle.

I think what irene means is they had said she had entered the vehicle from the right hand side, this information was made public from the very beginning.

They knew they were probably looking for a left hand drive but I agree with nexusdee to a point, its the wrong colour, have they just hunted down the only car that slightly matches the description in the villiage? why did his own kids not recognise him? If he was known enough for April to feel comfortable about getting in the vehicle why was the other child so wary about her going with him?

If it is him that has taken/ harmed her then he deserves everything he's going to get I just feel a little unsure!

I think what irene means is they had said she had entered the vehicle from the right hand side, this information was made public from the very beginning.

They knew they were probably looking for a left hand drive but I agree with nexusdee to a point, its the wrong colour, have they just hunted down the only car that slightly matches the description in the villiage? why did his own kids not recognise him? If he was known enough for April to feel comfortable about getting in the vehicle why was the other child so wary about her going with him?

If it is him that has taken/ harmed her then he deserves everything he's going to get I just feel a little unsure!

I've been thinking all the same things, I don't think a landrover looks like a 'small van' either, but apparently the only witness to her getting into the car was a 7 year old, so not the best reliable. Would a street lamp shining on a dark blue vehicle make it look silvery grey coloured?

If it actually wasn't him though, why would he not be cooperating with the police more than he is? Remaining silent can't be good!

Did initial reports also not say that they found his car by the river when they seized it? When actually it was in a garage getting repaired, after residents of the village had 'seen him driving erratically' and heard a loud bang when something on his car blew up? Where did this riverside stuff come from?

I've been thinking all the same things, I don't think a landrover looks like a 'small van' either, but apparently the only witness to her getting into the car was a 7 year old, so not the best reliable. Would a street lamp shining on a dark blue vehicle make it look silvery grey coloured?

If it actually wasn't him though, why would he not be cooperating with the police more than he is? Remaining silent can't be good!

Did initial reports also not say that they found his car by the river when they seized it? When actually it was in a garage getting repaired, after residents of the village had 'seen him driving erratically' and heard a loud bang when something on his car blew up? Where did this riverside stuff come from?

Yep they were initially saying maybe a light coloured transit connect so obviously the children involved (witnesses) didn't recognise the vehicle as Mark Bridgers land rover. My first comment when I saw the picture was "well that's not light coloured or grey".

The first reports I heard were it had been recovered in a nearby repair garage and he'd been arrested nearby, then it had been found near a river and he was with it, so how did it end up in the garage as surely the police would have recovered it to their own premises!

Apparently his ex wife and kids live a few doors away from Aprils home so he was well known around there. Why did the other child warn April not to get in the vehicle? If she recognised him she would have said 'it was my dad' it this persons dad' so the parents and the villagers would have gone on a manhunt immediately had this been the case! I know that's what I would have been doing not searching the local area!

Its all very confusing to me!

They did seem rather quick to arrest and name him. Sometimes I think they must have some really good evidence against him for them to be able to say 'we are not looking for any other vehicle' etc and would they potentially ruin someones life by releasing his name if they're not 100%?

I just get this niggling feeling that surely if the evidence is strong enough to publicly accuse him and centre the investigation on just him then why have they not charged him and found April!

Mod Note

In view of recent events, the thread has been unstuck.

Please remember that even though charges have been brought the case is still sub judice, do not post anything which could be considered prejudicial to the case.

Archived