Chinese translation

I am hoping that someone out there can help me with a couple of translations, I don’t mean google translate or any of the other on line web sites, I am looking for the opinion of someone that actually speaks / reads Chinese.

The first one is 因为它发生的笑容 and the second one is 曾經發生而微笑.

I have an idea what they say so no wise cracks please and no its not egg fried rice. :hihi:

Have you tried the local Chinese take away/restaurant? I have a rose bowl that was given to my great aunt when she married in 1935 in Shanghai, keep meaning to take it somewhere to have the inscription translated! There are many dialects in Chinese, so there could be a bit of a problem finding the right person!!!

Where are they from?

It's much easier to make a witty reply out of it if we have some context.

I feel I must draw to your attention to the specific request of the OP for "no wise cracks please".

This comment has deterred me from replying earlier or indeed seeking assistance from my friend Mr Wong at the Shrivelled Water Lily. :)

Very roughly I reckon it's

因为它发生的笑容 - Smile because it does happen

and

曾經發生而微笑 - Smile because it did happen

So basically a cheer up type message.

Very roughly I reckon it's

因为它发生的笑容 - Smile because it does happen

and

曾經發生而微笑 - Smile because it did happen

So basically a cheer up type message.

Thank you and 10 out of ten for the translation ….. I was looking for “ smile because it happened” so if you are right it looks like the second one is nearer to what I want to say …….. cheers :thumbsup:

Some translations come up with the first version and some with the second. some with something different altogether but I think they are using “simplified” Chinese.

Archived