Theres some rotten swines about !!

My wife called me this morning on her way to work at the Peaks, she was crossing the Joseph Glover car park in Mosborough and came accross a 3 1/2 ft long Python in the middle of the car park. It was alive and making its way towards the long grass. I grabbed a pillow case and one of my rod rests and jumped in my car to rescue it. It was very docile due to being very cold and didn't mind me picking it up and putting it in the pillow case. I put it in my car and put the heaters on full blast to warm the poor beggar up and called 101 to get some advice as to what to do with it. I was told to take it to the nearest vets where the rspca would collect it. Some rotten swine must have dumped it in the car park as it was quite large and seemed quite healthy apart from being very cold. The vet at Ark vets in Killamarsh said that if we hadn't captured it and got it warm it would not have lasted long in the cold. Why would someone just dump a snake in a pub car park ?? why not just hand it in to the rspca or sell it ?? It must be worth a fair bit of money as it's a beautiful python.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, pedants ! it could have escaped from one of the local houses but I am putting my money on someone dumping it :suspect:

If anyone who lives near the Joseph glover pub has actually lost a python, you know where to find it ;)

Pythons are good at escaping and it could well have come from a nearby house, although there aren't that many there to come from I suppose. Then again someone probably did get bored of it, or go frightened by how big they grow to and went and dumped it. Well done for rescuing it - let's hope that if it was an escapee the owners are reunited soon.

It doesn't help when TV adverts large organisations (*cought* Barcleys *cough*) show actors releasing former pets into the wild because they are moving. I'm suprised that ad didn't get pulled because of complaints myself.

Archived