Group dinner at Mud Crab - excellent!

MeganH

We held a charity (brainstrust) dinner at Mud Crab last night for 25 people and had a really excellent time - the atmosphere was brilliant. We were really well looked after, the food was really tasty and reasonably priced. We couldn't recommend it enough! I'm not normally compelled to post on forums, but just wanted to share what a great evening we had!

• 8 months later...

we went to the Mud Crab Diner and were pretty p'd off to be charged a 10% service charge on top of what was not a small bill,

charged because there were 6+ people in our party

the place will have made a tidy sum from a fairly large group of people and it should be to the diners' discretion whether to tip or not

suppose that we could have simply refused to pay the service charge but no one felt they could

even worse if some people fail to see the charge already added on, but leave a tip on top of that!

I love Mud Crab! And re 10% service charge, I usually leave a 10% tip anyway even if it's just the two of us if the service has been brilliant. I can understand it being the 'labour cost' per se as your table needs more attention, but I'd be a little bit miffed if the service was carp and still had to pay it.

Took the family Sunday evening - excellent. Second time I've been to eat. Very good burgers and service (although I still don't like my girls, wife and I being referred to as 'guys').

As for tips, I wonder how certain posters would cope in, say, America?

Archived