Peanut butter and jam sarnies racist ?

I think that everyone is missing the more important point, that American kids still eat peanut butter and jelly, or jam as we call it, sandwiches in their school pack lunch.

Not that many of them can actually eat peanut butter at the moment. There's been a mass recall of hundreds of brands of peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter and thousands of related products due to a major salmonella problem.

That will be just a jam sarnie then please :)

And people say that political correctness only exists in the addled minds of right-wingers! this is a reminder that it is very real.

At least you admit to right-wingers' minds being addled. It's a start, I suppose.

I've er just looked down the road here...

We have a kebab shop, a halal McDonalds, a Subway, PITA POKCETS (sic), Anne's Crepes and a German pork roast place...

I'm not sure what recial overtones that draws but I defy you to guess correctly the racial makeup of this locatity from those fast food places.

The principle of that school is barking mad. Much like people claiming all right wingers have addled minds I guess...

Clear jam was always called jelly at home in Scotland. My aunt used to make her own apple jelly, strained through a jelly bag. Damson was another fruit often used for jelly rather than jam.

I always preferred jam, especially blackcurrant.

I can't get my head round the thought that peanut butter and jelly smacks of privilege. When we were kids, a 'jeely piece' (jam sandwich) was staple fare for tea when families were hard up. ;)

Archived