EDL march in Rotherham: 13 October

If this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl6fFHfuhe8

is allowed then I see no reason why the EDL should be denied the same thing.

I'm not saying the EDL should be banned from marching, I'm saying we shouldn't abandon our communities or "avoid the area" because of them. People who disagree with them should counter protest, otherwise it seems like a tacit acceptance that the EDL can take over areas at will. There's nothing to be afraid of believe me.

There are serious questions to be answered about the performance of all the agencies – from SY Police to Rotherham Council’s Children’s Services – about the failure to intervene to protect these girls and to prosecute those involved in these appalling crimes.

Indeed, these girls were lost to political correctness and community sensitivity, victims of it even.

If a group is organising a protest to register their dismay at our public services that let these girls down, I think that's a good and legitimate thing to do.

AFAIK, no other group has organised such a protest, why not?

it STILL baffles me how they hope to achieve their aims by jackbooting and chanting around a certain community???

is that really the best way to get extremists / rapists out??

alienating the entire community?

driving them inward?

maybe its what they want?

cause civil unrest?

maybe the real motive is NOT what they say it is?

if its to highlight the issues, then i dont think it works, we remember the trouble, the violence more than the issues

Can anyone confirm if this march is actually going ahead can't find anything else on the Internet all other mentions of it refer to this site. My wife works in Rotherham town centre and I am worried about her safety on this day thanks

There's a small piece about it in today's Sheffield star, I might be on the website as well.

Archived