EDL march in Rotherham: 13 October

Regardless of what the EDL numpties are up to, I would suggest doing your drinking in Sheffield instead. Much better then Rotherham.

Obviously I live in Sheffield, and that's what I've suggested to friends who are travelling up. Just wondered if there's going to be more major disruption? Doesn't seem like there's any need to panic.

I'm not saying the EDL should be banned from marching, I'm saying we shouldn't abandon our communities or "avoid the area" because of them. People who disagree with them should counter protest, otherwise it seems like a tacit acceptance that the EDL can take over areas at will. There's nothing to be afraid of believe me.

if arranging a demonstration in accordance with local authority requirements is a tacit acceptance of taking over an area at will then how do you describe the events that have taken place recently over the youtube film where people have descended unannounced on embassy's causing damage and "taking over areas"

If people want to protest then that is their perogative but it should be organised and arranged correctly.

Of course it is, they are seeking to provoke a reaction. And if violence kicks off which they can get involved in then they will leave happy.

Of course they are ,and the problem is the fools from the UAF( who in my eyes are as bad as the EDL ,because they react to the fascists) ,give them exactly what they want , IE, confrontation ,and an audience. If the UAF ignored these racist idiots , then they wouldnt have an audience to play up to .

Of course they are ,and the problem is the fools from the UAF( who in my eyes are as bad as the EDL ,because they react to the fascists) ,give them exactly what they want , IE, confrontation ,and an audience. If the UAF ignored these racist idiots , then they wouldnt have an audience to play up to .

Just like this country was as bad as the Nazis because we reacted to them you mean?

Yeah, right.

Just like this country was as bad as the Nazis because we reacted to them you mean?

Yeah, right.

Your missing my point. without the UAF counter protesting ,the racists in the EDL wouldnt have an audience to play up too. I just feel it would be more productive in trying to show these racists for what they are if everyone ignored them , and not rise to the bait ,as the UAF do , no matter how good their intentions are.

Archived