Apart from wear and tear, could this be construed as perpetual motion?

Would it be too much to expect to ask you to all stop attacking me! Giving me todays physics lesson and treating me as though I'm a complete idiot!

I know, it's not perpetual motion, I've conceded that long ago! I didn't claim it was, I just posed the question which was answered.

Would it be too much to expect to ask you to all stop attacking me! Giving me todays physics lesson and treating me as though I'm a complete idiot!

I know, it's not perpetual motion, I've conceded that long ago! I didn't claim it was, I just posed the question which was answered.

Yoo is not bein ataked yoo is bein ejucatid yoo compleet ejit :hihi:

Well I've really enjoyed following this thread Pete!

Once again you have revealed those who lack any sense of humour and who having made their point, return repeatedly to state the same thing over and over and over and over.....

... you have performed a public service by keeping these armchair scientists occupied for a few hours.

No-one with any previous knowledge of your entertaining threads would think that you considered perpetual motion as a serious issue.

Thanks for once again making the effort to keep the forum alive - otherwise we would all be talking about wheelie bins or the weather!

:thumbsup:

Aaaaaargh...I concede!...it's not perpetual motion!..:hihi::hihi:.'I' never said it was!!!!!

I still think it's fascinating nontheless!

That second machine looks like it could go on forever (excluding friction) (said in a whimsical way!)!!!

If you want something that looks like a perpetual motion machine (it isn't as has been said before many times) but is nontheless fascinating, then look up the Oxford Bell.

This is a bell that has been ringing constantly for about 150 years now... powered by a pair of sulphur coated Zamboni batteries...

Archived