What do YOU do at christmas?

I wonder if they see him as a prophet though, after all they did witness many of his miracles, including raising people from the dead.

The Jews have a very strict set of criteria within which they'll accept someone as being the messiah, and they feel that Jesus hasn't met these criteria, so the official position is that it's blasphemy to worship Jesus as he is believed to be a false Messiah and as such any of his teachings or life is ignored.

Muslims believe in Jesus and have no objection to these celebrations, in fact I know of many who are happy to celebrate the festivities.

I'm sorry my slow witted friend, but you have highlighted the wrong religion. It's the Jews that find the claim that Jesus is the son of God to be offensive.

I'll be offended then, on their behalf. :rant:

Family get togethers, eating, drinking, generally being merry with a little over indulgence thrown in. A time to be nostalgic and remember Christmas past and loved ones no longer with us.

Our Musilim neighbours two houses up come over for a visit and a few drinks also

The Jews have a very strict set of criteria within which they'll accept someone as being the messiah, and they feel that Jesus hasn't met these criteria, so the official position is that it's blasphemy to worship Jesus as he is believed to be a false Messiah and as such any of his teachings or life is ignored.

This is why I enquired as to whether Jewish people ever accepted him as a PROPHET rather than the Messiah. The Jews accept others as prophets and they didn't bring people back from the dead.

I positively love Christmas, it's magical.

Movies, Christmas tunes, presents, food, banter, romance with mrs facebook, whoever mrs facebook is in December, she better be nice this year, last years mrs facebook... not so good.

What, a Mrs Facebook every year?!!!

I hope you sign prenups.

This is why I enquired as to whether Jewish people ever accepted him as a PROPHET rather than the Messiah. The Jews accept others as prophets and they didn't bring people back from the dead.

I'm sorry if I didn't make it clear, it was a really badly worded post. I tried to explain that because he is seen as being a false Messiah he and his teachings are ignored.

Archived