What do YOU do at christmas?

Oh so more a famiy tradition than a countrywide thing.

The thing with traditions is that they fall by the wayside only to be replaced with new ones. Church used to be part of the Christmas tradition, not so much now.

Tis' the season to be gluttonous :)

Now there's another tradition!

Just when I began thinking Christmas was cold and the place was dark all day and night, and it was all a load of baloney, we began having grandkids. Now the oldest is 22 and the youngest 4, and we all get together and have a blast every year, though some live as far away as Florida.:)

When did ham and chips become a Christmas tradition?

Bypassblade's family tradition of ham and chips is quite normal compared to ours!

In my family it is tradition to have trifle and chocolate for Boxing Day breakfast :)

On Christmas day in the morning I'm going to be Father Christmas at a very special hospital just outside Hull.

A charity that distributes presents to hospital patients has approached me and kindly offered to donate presents to the hospital that saved my life.

It will be 3 days off the first anniversary of my getting an all clear result following treatment for cancer at Castle Hill Hospital.

So it will give me immense pleasure to return to the hospital on Christmas day, dressed in red and white, with 116 presents in a sack for the patients (and some bottles of bubbly wine for the staff for when they go off duty).

Then I'm returning to Sheffield as I've been invited to Christmas dinner at a friend's house.

Archived