I am stuck in a dead end job :-( Please help need some help/advice!!

I've been stuck in a dead end job for a really long time and I've finally had enough and I want to start a fresh.

I left school with no qualifications, and the job I found was the only job I could do based on my circumstances/situation, but for the last year or so I have been in college trying to get some qualifications to improve my job prospects. I have obtained a level 2 adult numeracy and level 2 literacy certificate and I am now re-doing my Maths GCSE.

My question is guys where can I go from there if I do end up passing my GCSE's should I do my A-levels and think about going to Uni or should I try and find a another job?

Where and what can I apply for as I am so confused as to where to start and look?

Please help! I would appreciate any advice thanks. :help:

Do your A levels and go to University or get some experience. A maths GSCE isnt going to get you a job.

YTS, lol; biggest slave labour trick ever!

Totally agree ^^

We had such in the late 70s and 80s under Thatcher

and its only a short stint until your back on the dole

Ps Do they still have such now ? as never heard of such for yrs

maybe its looking like such again under that lot .

As for Uni there are many young English folks at Uni in Edinburgh

as ive seen many when out at wkend there

Think if your on benefits and get into Uni you get so much help with money

not too sure what, but you have to pay back once you get a job

say earning X-amount a year , Its tough to get into i think now

BUT worth looking into , as its tough out there for jobs as you know

there's also many unemployed and its all over the Country ..Gd Luck ..

I've been stuck in a dead end job for a really long time and I've finally had enough and I want to start a fresh.

I left school with no qualifications, and the job I found was the only job I could do based on my circumstances/situation, but for the last year or so I have been in college trying to get some qualifications to improve my job prospects. I have obtained a level 2 adult numeracy and level 2 literacy certificate and I am now re-doing my Maths GCSE.

My question is guys where can I go from there if I do end up passing my GCSE's should I do my A-levels and think about going to Uni or should I try and find a another job?

Where and what can I apply for as I am so confused as to where to start and look?

Please help! I would appreciate any advice thanks. :help:

If you go to Uni, choose wisely. The amount of people I know with university qualifications, who worked in places like banks etc. is unbelievable.

Pick a career path,then choose the relevant subject and see it through.

Good luck...... The world is your oyster!

Archived