Are northerners more patriotic than southerners?

Most northerners I've come across are proud of their country and seem more parochial, and will dispise Londoners becuase of its diversity and acceptance of 'foreigners'

That doesn't make them patriotic.

Most northerners I've come across are proud of their country and seem more parochial, and will dispise Londoners becuase of its diversity and acceptance of 'foreigners'

I think that says more about the northerners that you've come across rather than anything else.

That doesn't make them patriotic.

Wanting to show and support for one's own country and protect its heritage is a sure sign of patriotisim, hence why they don't like the invasion of 'others' living here and having their own values and way of life.

Wanting to show and support for one's own country and protect its heritage is a sure sign of patriotisim,

How have you connected the above with the following? Both can co-exist

hence why they don't like the invasion of 'others' living here and having their own values and way of life.

Im not sure what you are getting at?

What are you trying to ask?

Wanting to show and support for one's own country and protect its heritage is a sure sign of patriotisim, hence why they don't like the invasion of 'others' living here and having their own values and way of life.

Others coming to Britain frequently add diversity,a diversity which ensures that the British way is modern and progressive not inward looking and fetid.If the British way was placed in aspic it would not be fit for purpose.As the man said your comments reflect the narrow range of people you associate with,and seems to epitomise a person whose perspective is built on secondary experiences gleaned from the conversations of others.

Probably one reason why the North is dying and your comments could be construed as more than 'parochial or patriotic' !!!!

Northerners*

There is a rather fine breed called Yorkshiremen, that reside in Yorkshire, one of the larger member states of the EU, and one that did very well in the Olympics.

Archived