Are northerners more patriotic than southerners?

Most northerners I've come across are proud of their country and seem more parochial, and will dispise Londoners becuase of its diversity and acceptance of 'foreigners'

Considering how many Londoners and people from greater London turned out for things like the Jubilee, Royal Wedding, Olympics etc I'd say the southern UK is just as patriotic as the north.

Considering how many Londoners and people from greater London turned out for things like the Jubilee, Royal Wedding, Olympics etc I'd say the southern UK is just as patriotic as the north.

And that includes those in the South who may not have been born here !!!

Most northerners I've come across are proud of their country and seem more parochial, and will dispise Londoners becuase of its diversity and acceptance of 'foreigners'

The Royal Family has for many centuries accepted foreigners into its fold. Are you saying that it is unpatriotic to support the Royal Family?

Even our language isn't native to these lands.

Yes it is. We know it has Germanic origins but if the English language as it is today, as we know it today ,developed in England, then for all intents and purposes it truly is Englands language.

Yes it is. We know it has Germanic origins but if the English language as it is today, as we know it today ,developed in England, then for all intents and purposes it truly is Englands language.

I didn't say it wasn't England's language... However, it's basis is not from these islands. The native languages of the british isles are the celtic languages. English is as good example as you can get of the people living here taking ideas and concepts from other countries and adapting and improving on them.

Archived