Are northerners more patriotic than southerners?

How true that is. But oh the crowds !

That's what makes it so brilliant. The place never sleeps. I used to remember they rolled up the sidewalks in London after midnight, just like Philadelphia. My wife used to go to Broadway with some of her women friends, while I went hunting with the guys. After the show, they would sit out on the balcony of their hotel with a gallon of Jack Daniels, and shout down encouragement to the ladies of the night plying their trade.:) I can go to Boston just as easily, and I like it, but its not Gotham.

That's what makes it so brilliant. The place never sleeps. I used to remember they rolled up the sidewalks in London after midnight, just like Philadelphia. My wife used to go to Broadway with some of her women friends, while I went hunting with the guys. After the show, they would sit out on the balcony of their hotel with a gallon of Jack Daniels, and shout down encouragement to the ladies of the night plying their trade.:) I can go to Boston just as easily, and I like it, but its not Gotham.

I missed seeing a Broadway show. My wife and I really wanted to see a show more than anything else but we were there on a Sunday. We joined a line for a 3 o'clock show which was about half a mile long but then were told it was sold out. No show on Sunday evening and the tour group had to leave early Monday morning for our next stop in Boston.

The lesson learned was that Sunday is the wrong day to be in New York and a cup of java at five dollars a kick with no refills? :o

There was a nice Irish pub on the next street over from our hotel so we spent Sunday evening drowning our sorrows in ale and wine

Another lesson learned. Never try to get tickets for a Broadway show for that day. Book ahead

I missed seeing a Broadway show. My wife and I really wanted to see a show more than anything else but we were there on a Sunday. We joined a line for a 3 o'clock show which was about half a mile long but then were told it was sold out. No show on Sunday evening and the tour group had to leave early Monday morning for our next stop in Boston.

The lesson learned was that Sunday is the wrong day to be in New York and a cup of java at five dollars a kick with no refills? :o

There was a nice Irish pub on the next street over from our hotel so we spent Sunday evening drowning our sorrows in ale and wine

Another lesson learned. Never try to get tickets for a Broadway show for that day. Book ahead

Can you two put yer teeth back in and join the thread..

Well said! what has America got to do with this thread, it's the same people all the time, they are obsessed, either that or they just want to bragg and show off, actually just like a typical yank. One even bragged he had got an Harley Davidson, ( probably a mobility scooter):hihi: and a dodge truck(probably a toyota pick up):hihi: get in the real world, not fantasy world, just stick to the topic.:gag:

Remember those words were uttered when London was the size of Sheffield,not a manic metropolis with 10,000,000 inhabitants,choked with traffic.

I suspect that London in the 18th century would have still managed to be busier and more energetic then Sheffield today! Samuel Johnson's point still stands.

Mind you, there was a lot more excrement to clear up back in those days!

Well said! what has America got to do with this thread, it's the same people all the time, they are obsessed, either that or they just want to bragg and show off, actually just like a typical yank. One even bragged he had got an Harley Davidson, ( probably a mobility scooter):hihi: and a dodge truck(probably a toyota pick up):hihi: get in the real world, not fantasy world, just stick to the topic.:gag:
JFKvNIXON paid a nice compliment to NYC on this thread quite out of the blue. Harley responded about how hectic it was. All I did was add a short very true story about my wife on Broadway. For that of course, I'm now hit with pure unfiltered hatred in true SF fashion. It's not bragging, there's nothing special about Harley owning one, or a Cessna, or a Boston Whaler. It's just two expat Sheffielders having a word. There are a good few expats on this forum, who make it a bit more entertaining than Wednesay/United or Grimesthorpe.By the way, a Toyota Pickup is as big as a Dodge truck and is also made in the USA, and you don't know how to spell brag.

Are there two different races in England? :huh: Or one race of people divided only by their loyalty to Manchester City or Chelsea?

Wouldn't it be a no brainer to assume that there are northerners who are a bit more patriotic than other northeners and southerners who are a bit more patriotic than other southerners. Duh !

Archived