Are northerners more patriotic than southerners?

Next time we go to New York it wont be with a tour group. 4 citties in 7 days doesnt leave time to see much since a lot of the time is spent on the bus.

The women's world football championships were on when we were in NY and the USA was playing Japan They had set up a row of stadium type seating along one of the avenues leading off Times Square to watch the game on a giant big screen and the place was jam packed with a solid mass of humanity all trying to move along the sidewalk.

I think I'd like New York though for the variety of food and just people watching. The best clam chowder I ever tasted was on our first night in the city

Stay there and Clam up!:hihi::loopy:

How are you using the word 'parochial' here as it has several meanings, one of which is limited scope?

Insular, narrow minded arogant folk who refuse to mix with others who are different and rarely if ever travel, your stereotypical Gleadles /Barnsley types.

Considering how many Londoners and people from greater London turned out for things like the Jubilee, Royal Wedding, Olympics etc I'd say the southern UK is just as patriotic as the north.

They're also in situated in much closer proximity to where its all happening and don't consider themselves better or worse for been proud of their country, they just simply celebrate whats good about this nation without dismissing others whom have also contributed to making Britain Great.

Insular, narrow minded arogant folk who refuse to mix with others who are different and rarely if ever travel, your stereotypical Gleadles /Barnsley types.

I never mixed well as a child. Teachers thought I'd never adjust. Wearing yellow urine coloured y fronts never helped. I blame my Mum.

I never mixed well as a child. Teachers thought I'd never adjust. Wearing yellow urine coloured y fronts never helped. I blame my Mum.

Why were your teachers showing you their underwear?

You should have reported them.

I know - I wish Jimmy visited my school at least once. I could have at least played with his gear stick in his big car :(

Sssshhh:)

I assume you mean Jimmy Corkhill, not the other Jimmy:wink:

Stay there and Clam up!:hihi::loopy:

The Fuhrer of Chav Land has spoken again. Why dont you clam up instead. All you do is spout ignorance from your acid trap of a mouth

Why the ( :hihi: ) after every sentence? An overblowns sense of your own wit?

Daft bugger

Archived