Phone scam - 0845 numbers

You will get a lot of that ,the call centers "block"dial i.e a lot of numbers at once ,they then proceed to talk to the first one who answers the rest get ignored

Yep,in a former life I used to instal large (1,000+ seat) call centres..if they have 500 agents on shift then they will start bycalling 550-600 numbers 'cos they know some won't be answered..they'll always use more outbound lines than they have agents available..

I very often ignore the landline. If they dont leave a message - its a scam. If its friends or family, they'll leave a message or phone my mobile.

Same here! Too many marketing calls these days...drives me mad!

Anyone important will know my mobile so sometimes I just unplug the landline.

I get loads of these usually from 3 and energy providers. I google the number and call back to opt out of future calls, I don't call the numbers though as that's how they make their money. I use the app 0800 wizard, it takes the number and finds a landline for you. Though as soon as I opt out of one another starts.... :suspect:

Archived