Arthur Scargill takes NUM to court again.

More to the point if I were an NUM member seeing my subs syphoned off to pay for Arthur's luxury lifestyle I would probably think about looking for a new union to join. Perhaps many already have which is why only 1500 are still coughing up their hard earned.

like the UDM, they turned out to be a right sham..

He really is showing his true colours ok he may have been promised these things for life but any reasonable person who cared about the NUM would see the state it is currently in expecting it to pay for his second accomidation is unfair, sorry but its pure greed something he is sopposed to be so against.

An organisation has a legal obligation to honour its contracts;if it were to wind up its assets would be siezed to cover liabilities.He has done nothing wrong as the court will confirm.People who attack people like Scargill choose to attack the person knowing they cannot challenge their ideas-its a lazy short cut that often lands them in an intellectual cul de sac.

Arthur Scargill is a man I have always had respect for. But is'nt the flat an asset also?. That would also be seized towards any other debts the union owed, where would that then leave Athur but out on his ear.

Arthur Scargill is a man I have always had respect for. But is'nt the flat an asset also?. That would also be seized towards any other debts the union owed, where would that then leave Athur but out on his ear.

Why would the NUM pay rent on a flat they own?You have not read the preamble and missed a salient detail.

I think it goes down to how wealthy the person is, if he is poor then they can't leave him on the scrap heap and should honour the contract or what's the point of a contract

Its like depriving someone of JSA or insurance payments when they win the lottery.

He really is showing his true colours ok he may have been promised these things for life but any reasonable person who cared about the NUM would see the state it is currently in expecting it to pay for his second accomidation is unfair, sorry but its pure greed something he is sopposed to be so against.

What is impure greed?It is either greed or not greed-you cannot be half greedy.

Archived