Can a marriage survive if you live apart?

Solution would be to convert the house you want to buy into two flats.

You could each live in the flats.

Me and my hubby did this, its now a case of my husband downstairs. We had three children, a dog, a cat, three hamsters and a mortgage - best thing we ever did.

Ten years on we are still legally married, but spiritually and peacefully seperated - if you see what I mean - but we have our own space.

Kids are fine, which is more than can be said for the pets, as they have all passed on.

Think you've answered your own question. It won't survive if you think living together and marriage are synonymous with one another. Trust is the key, living together isn't.

You don't sustain a relationship just by living together.

Very true and one fact that seems to ignored a lot as most seem to concentrate on that mysterious word called Love.

I think it can survive.

I have been separated from my Husband for 8 years now (still not divorced yet - need to get round to it) and I have had boyfriends in the meantime but I certainly couldn't live with them as I have got too used to my own ways. They would stay over on weekends that I don't have my children (I also don't introduce them to my children either) but that's it I soon get itchy feet lol and I like my bed to myself too - sharing it is a big thing lol.

Im currently split from my husband and we have been seeing eachother and getting on better since i moved out.

Ive now been offered a place to buy which is something ive always wanted to do but my hubby never wanted to.

If i buy this house and move in on my own and my hubby stays in his house can the marriage continue??

whats peoples thoughts

Thanks

It seems to work for the Queen ,the Clintons and other big names so why not a couple from Pitsmoor?In fact many marriages only survive by eschewing cohabitation.

Archived