Is hitchhiking a thing of the past in Britain today?

I did hitchike to Europe with a friend,my first trip abroad.I was a poor student nurse at the time, we could only afford to stay in youth hostels.When i look back i can't believe how naive and trusting we were with no fear of danger,we were lucky that we were picked up by nice people.

If i had known then what i know now i would never have done it.

I did hitchike to Europe with a friend,my first trip abroad.I was a poor student nurse at the time, we could only afford to stay in youth hostels.When i look back i can't believe how naive and trusting we were with no fear of danger,we were lucky that we were picked up by nice people.

If i had known then what i know now i would never have done it.

They weren't jehovah witnesses were they?

i hitched the other year when i had to walk home from work cos of the snow..........funnily enough it was mi mate that stopped in his works van lol

he took me to the village before mine, but then a complete stranger stopped and gave me the lift for the last mile

Was it really that easy to hitch a lift?

Your talk like it's waiting for a bus well a bus that's running on time

Yes it was 'that' easy...It was rare that I waited for more than about ten minutes for a lift. It's might not have been going all the way. But usually they would drop you off somewhere where they knew you could get an onward lift....It was just the done thing in my day!

Yes it was 'that' easy...It was rare that I waited for more than about ten minutes for a lift. It's might not have been going all the way. But usually they would drop you off somewhere where they knew you could get an onward lift....It was just the done thing in my day!

No wonder the police had to cover things up

Archived