Is paying your way to the front of the queue fair?

It seems being given the option to pay to jump the queue is becoming more popular.

Sounds good to me.

The less I have to endure ill-mannered riff-raff the better.

The time was when a gentleman could knock such oiks into the gutter with his cane.

The UK has taken a step backwards (or several) since those days.

As far as I know, it's quite common practice here at theme parks to charge more for queue jumping. It's not a system of having a different queue, but a method of alerting you while you're doing something else, that it's shortly going to be your turn.

That's probably a bit more fair!

I use the argument with theme parks that it doesn't push you to the front of the queue; it just moves you into a smaller wealthier queue. If that was big enough there'd be a market for a third even smaller wealthier queue.

Money talks. That's the world we live in.

OMG, you did it again! Used the 'P' word! :surprised

But yeah you're right, I hate queuing for anything, sometimes I'd rather not bother than having to stand in a queue! :hihi:

You might as well pay a pleb to queue for you, whilst you go and sit in a bar, watching the world go by ;)

I used to beat the plebs out of the way with my stick, but as that practice has now been outlawed, I now either pay someone or do my stuff online :P

When we go on holiday we always buy fast-track tickets for the airport.... they're only a couple of quid each and if it means we don't get stuck behind the tracksuit family / hen party heading off to Magaluf then why not?

We usually pay for a private taxi transfer for the other end aswell so we get to check in first!

Is paying your way to the front of the queue fair?
In most circumstances (except perhaps when 'queuing' for the next Bentley or Ferrari to come out of the factory :D), it's an option available to most people along the 'wealth scale' (a few quids or so).

So, it's perfectly fair: rich or poor, you either spend your hard-earned to 'gain' a few minutes (or free up some time, whichever way you to want to see it), or not.

Will you next complain that it's unfair for disabled people to queue-jump for free!?! :hihi:

You might as well pay a pleb to queue for you, whilst you go and sit in a bar, watching the world go by ;)

Yet another enterprising business idea!

We could train the unemployed to become professional queue sitters. :idea:

They would obviously have previous experience gained from their time waiting at the job centre.

Thanks for the idea - I'm going to have to look into this further... :)

Archived