Is paying your way to the front of the queue fair?

Yet another enterprising business idea!

We could train the unemployed to become professional queue sitters. :idea:

They would obviously have previous experience gained from their time waiting at the job centre.

Thanks for the idea - I'm going to have to look into this further... :)

Haha, you sir are that of legend.

They would obviously have previous experience gained from their time waiting at the job centre.

You missed the boat Mr Bloke. We already have them, they're called 'kids'! :hihi:

In most circumstances (except perhaps when 'queuing' for the next Bentley or Ferrari to come out of the factory :D), it's an option available to most people along the 'wealth scale' (a few quids or so).

So, it's perfectly fair: rich or poor, you either spend your hard-earned to 'gain' a few minutes (or free up some time, whichever way you to want to see it), or not.

Will you next complain that it's unfair for disabled people to queue-jump for free!?! :hihi:

Another way of looking at it is those who are prepared to wait a bit longer are given a discount.

Why, thank you kind sir. I wish you luck in your endeavour :)

Will you next complain that it's unfair for disabled people to queue-jump for free!?! :hihi:

I will.

When I was in Amsterdam, a man with no arms was moved to the front of the queue at the Van Gogh museum. No reason why his disability meant he couldn't stand and wait like everyone else.

We dont always stand in line but the system of prices eliminates the poor from the queue,leaving just a few rich people remaining.A queue is a crude means of rationing something scarce,and had its zenith in Soviet Russia,China and other command economies.I like the in convenient it brings for the more affluent-it has a levelling quality.

I will.

When I was in Amsterdam, a man with no arms was moved to the front of the queue at the Van Gogh museum. No reason why his disability meant he couldn't stand and wait like everyone else.

To be fair I dont see any arm in that :hihi:

Well this job already exists in America, Line Standing! :hihi:

Archived