Who was the best school teacher in Sheffield?

Teabag

Originally posted by fosy

Mr O'Conner - top History teacher - St Peters

Mr Silcock - Top Maths Teacher - St Peters (Rest in peace)

Mr Giles

Mr Burton

Mrs Haydock

Mr Kenady

And what about Sr. Concepter:clap:

All St Peters :thumbsup:

What years were you there?

I remember them all except Mrs Haydock.

I hated Mr Burton and St Concepta

What about

Mr Cherry

Mr Bagnall

Mr Haswell

Mrs Hopkins

Originally posted by fosy

I remember

Mr Cherry

Mr Haswell

Mrs Hopkins

Cannot remember Mr Bagnall - what did he teach

I was there until 1980 /81

Did not know about Sr C. Lovely lady

Carol

Mr Bagnall taught woodwork, he always walked round in a brown overall.

I started in 1980

Mrs Ashton - my class teacher at Burngreave was Dave Tucker (now a big noise in the NUT) and I was the pupil from Hell until he went off for an operation and Mrs Ashton came in and I was an absolute angel by the time Mr Tucker came back. She even got me the job of going round every Friday for the four years I was there, and tapping all the teachers up for their coffee money, to give me some sense of responsibility. Mr Tucker was gobsmacked, and that's no exaggeration as he used to make me bend over and touch my toes just like the boys! I ran into her years later when I was in a swimming club and she was there with her daughters. My other fave would be Mr McKay, while we were all scared of Mr Galbraith (now head at Hucklow) who kept a slipper on a hook at the front of his class and we all hated Mrs Clements who was the other 1st year teacher when I was the child from Hell and when I got to the fourth year and was in her class, she never let me live it down and I went backwards briefly. She also read us Adrian Mole but would never read the rude bits about Pandora's chest LOL!

At Hinde House it would have to be Miss Aitken in English; unfortunately she was seconded for a year and we had Mrs Robshaw and I still say she destroyed my chances of an A in my GCSE English.

One of my classmates had a HUGE crush on Mr Thompson in Geography and all the girls loved Mr Joy who apparently fetched up later at High Storrs, as did old Mr Wood with the glass eye (as opposed to young Mr Wood who took PE) and both taught one of my colleagues!

Is the John Rawson previously mentioned the same John Rawson who was the Head of Hinde House Lower School while I was there? Graham Elliott was a fantastic Head, btw.