Who was the best school teacher in Sheffield?

Teabag

Is this the same Ms Coy who used to teach P.E?If it is, she used to be a really tough woman, a real ball breaker - not the kind of Teacher you ever took liberties with....

That be the one...... I once saw her pin a lad up against a classroom by his neck. I'm not kidding!!! A devil with a hockey stick!

Terry Gifford was my favourite teacher at Yewlands. English teacher, completely mad.

Also Mrs Round, french teacher. I don't remember one word of French but attended everyone of her classes:love:

Jim:thumbsup:

:thumbsup: i remember mr ashton and miss preson from waltheof my fav's miss edwards, u cud have a laugh with mr tiffen think that was his name! i left in 95.

Hi! Hillyhank, I left Waltheof about 10 years before you :) but Mr. Tiffen sounds familiar. Can't put a face to the name, what subject did he teach?

Dr cresswell at the Dronfield school was probably the best teacher ever sadly she died a few years back now.

She always had time for people no matter who you was how good you was or what background you came from she would always help anyone if they ahd a problem.

• 2 weeks later...
My favourite teachers were at my junior school (Abbeydale Middle), the frst is Mr. Lickorish, he was a great teacher who demanded respect from us all, he had his 'slaves' (usually the pupils he trusted to behave) i did the tuck shop duty!, they would do odd jobs like fetching the register, going to the tuck shop for him etc. but anyone caught misbehaving would get 'THE SLIPPER', (one of his old trainers which looked about a size 14 back then!) across the backside, boy did that make us all behave! :P

The second was Mr. Potts, what a great teacher he was, much the same as old licko stick lol, but if we did anything wrong we knew about it, he would turn on the old Pottsy stare where his eyes almost popped out their sockets, he would do this for until you were reduced to tears, it would turn the toughest kids into quivering wrecks, luckily i was a good girl ;)

Was Mr Potts' name Richard? If it was then I knew him.