Who was the best school teacher in Sheffield?

Teabag

Mr Stubbs, Pipworth 1986, sadly died of a brain tumour. :(

Jeff Tunningley, Myrtle Springs 1989.

Mr Ashton, Myrtle Springs.

Was that Mr Stubbs Brian Stubbs formerly of Myers Grove

Ahhh - he was wonderful! He retired the year I left. I'll never forget his enthusiasm for literature (especially Shakespeare).

Yes, that's one of the things that stood out about him alongside his kindness, his encouragement and his regard for his pupils regardless of ability. I don't think there are many of his sort around anymore, I owe him a lot.

Wonder what he's up to now?

Mr Blanksby of Stocksbridge Junior School. Retired around 1991 and had been there for a long time, so I'm sure a favourite with many others.

A great teacher who inspired me to become what I am today (thanks!). He's still on touch with most of my class (the final one 1987-1991) and sends a lot of us a Christmas card. Top teacher :)

Mr crowe at Chaucer comp, I left in 1992 but he was there when my mum was there and still there when I left.

He was cuddly with microphone hair but he was always laughing.:D :D

I'll second this one. I was at Chaucer in the early eighties and he is the one teacher who used to keep us laughing all the time. He used to do some great impressions of the other teachers which seemed almost blasphemous to me at the time - I was a good little girl you know - but still have me chuckling even now! :hihi: :hihi: