Who was the best school teacher in Sheffield?

Teabag

For me it would be Faith Milton at Acres Hill in the early 70s

She would take kids youth hosteling at weekends and holidays. I have her to thank for my love of country walking even now.

Also John Rawson at Waltheof (when teachers were in charge-not kids) He was understanding and easy to talk to which made learning maths a bit easier.

Originally posted by caprice

Jackie Hughes - The City School... Still there, albeit on a job share. :clap:

Fab teacher who encouraged me to work hard and thanks to her I came out with 2 A's at GCSE English lit & Lang! :clap::D

:o perhaps one of the last people i would have said from city.. but then, she didnt really like me v much after what i did :D

Originally posted by SatanInHeels

:o perhaps one of the last people i would have said from city.. but then, she didnt really like me v much after what i did :D

Tut-tut come on, what did you do? :hihi:

I admit, she did have her favourites without a doubt... But there was such a behaviour problem in our group and a distinct lack of respect, I'm not surprised she stuck to the ones that were prepared to listen! I moved into her group because I was getting level 4's in year 8, which was ridiculous considering in my Y6 SATS I had got 5's across the board... and after 1 year with Miss Hughes, I was on a level 7! :D

Anyways, do tell! :D

Originally posted by djscottk

mrs simpson - manor lodge primary

mr shepherd/mr damms/mr middleton/mrs ord/miss armishaw @ myrtle springs 1995

I once brought a joke pen into school that you filled with caps, it exploded when you pulled the lid off. One of the lads in my class asked if I had a spare pen, so I lent him that one ... when he took the lid off, Mr Middleton was stood over him, poor bloke neary died of shock. :D We both got hauled outside the room for a dressing down, but he burst out laughing in the middle of his rant so I got away with it. I reckon I might be responsible for that white streak in his fringe. ;)