Who was the best school teacher in Sheffield?

Teabag

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I remember Mr Chambers and Mr Holt and I agree with you. I always looked forward to their lessons. Mr Chambers was my form teacher for the first two years at Beaver Hill and I remember all the girls cried when we had to have another form teacher.

Mr Harding from Frecheville Comp - i think he started out filling in for English and then went on to teach History, proper trendy cool dude who taught well and made things interesting, he was a nice friendly fella unless you messed about too much or crossed him lol

Also remember

Mr Redhead - Geography

Mr Redman - History

Mrs Gamble - English Lit

Mr Davies _ maths, bumped into him recently

I can`t remember the name of the other maths teacher with the big red nose who`d throw board rubber or the name of the bald headed bloke, tall and thin who used to cane everyone, can anyone else?

Mr Harding from Frecheville Comp - i think he started out filling in for English and then went on to teach History, proper trendy cool dude who taught well and made things interesting, he was a nice friendly fella unless you messed about too much or crossed him lol

Also remember

Mr Redhead - Geography

Mr Redman - History

Mrs Gamble - English Lit

Mr Davies _ maths, bumped into him recently

I can`t remember the name of the other maths teacher with the big red nose who`d throw board rubber or the name of the bald headed bloke, tall and thin who used to cane everyone, can anyone else?

Mr Harding is now the deputy head at Birley Community College

My favourite schoolmaster was Arthur Griffin from High Storrs. he was senior French master and deputy head until the school became Comprehensive.

He used to tan my ass every week without fail as a young first and second year boy but he was responsible for my getting an 'A' in my A levels!