Who was the best school teacher in Sheffield?

Teabag

i went to hinde house between 90-64 i think it was. miss foster was the worse teacher in the world, the best has to be mrs proctor. she was wicked loved her to bits.

Old fozzie was there when i was at hinde house! So was Miss Proctor, she was my brother's form tutor until she left in 2006. God I hated that place- evil students and many crap teachers.

There were a few good ones though, Mr Wilson my form tutor- I wouldn't have got through school without him, he was brilliant and Mr firth the english teacher, and my 5 year long science teacher, the rather unlucky Mr Newbolt who helped me get 2 As at GCSE

John Phillips who taught Maths at Park House on Bawtry Rd at Tinsley back in late 60s/early 70s. I seem to remember he had some connection with a church in Greenhill (played the organ there) gawd I've had a few sleeps since then, but yeah, can't speak too highly of him .................

Although he wasn't exactly a teacher, I thought Mr Birkby, headmaster at Mundella Primary until 2003 was brilliant. And Mrs Spreyer who was my Y6 teacher there. Actually all of the teachers at Mundella were awesome.

Mr Birkby was an excellent headteacher, he lives on my street, lovely bloke!:thumbsup:

• 5 months later...