Who was the best school teacher in Sheffield?

Teabag

yeah Tom Silcock, ahead of his time. Never, ever lost it, but retained control. Combined his teachings with modern things like citizenship, pshe etc. None better!

Mr burton. AKA bocker burton. He hated this and the name was handed down from older siblings, so you knew him as bocker before you got there.

Never felt comfortable with sister concepta or mrs haydock - both aloof and didnt seem to like kids, altho they were harmless enough.

Worst were rik peirson (PE) who never encouraged, just criticised and rode round the cross country course on his moped hoping to catch the cheaters to enjoy a good caning and miss marshall, deputy head/art teacher, who showed no respect to kids, gave no encouragement and called you names

You will be pleased to hear that Pearson has sold his moped to finance a spell in a care home

• 2 years later...

when i wasr at huntsman garden school the headteacher was called mr catell very fierce man is cane we were tod had steel going through the middle ,and if you wasnt quick enough moving your hand away he brought it back up so you got a double dose

Don't remember any names But as a school in general Greystones in the 40s would get my vote so far ahead of its time in every way, why they even had boys and girls siting together in the same class,and ALL the teachers was way up there, Quality

Did he teach History?. I went to St Peters and we had a Mr O'Connor who then went onto Notre Dame when St Peter's closed.

He was sooo good looking, I had a huge crush on him all through school, he was also a very good teacher.

i remember you lot arriving :)

anyway! i saw him at my daughters open night, looks good for his age!

Mr Frank was my fave at notre dame (Cavendish st)