NSPCC getting worse

So the National Society Preventing Caring for Children had their latest victim snatched from them by a common sense Judge.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/349497/Judges-release-mother-jailed-for-smacking

So this parent had a nightmare experience for simply disciplining her child. This could have lead to this child going into care and being without a parent. This is legislation gone mad.

So good news the NSPCC might ban smacking but they will have to deal with more parentless children. And we will have to pay to keep them in jail.

Well done NSPCC.

What legislation? I thought the 2005 Children's Act law stated parents could "resonably chastise" their children as long as the smack doesn't cause visible bruising (which this mother caused according to your link), grazes, scratches, minor swellings or cuts.. Not sure where the NSPCC come into this, or why you think it is legislation gone mad?

What legislation? I thought the 2005 Children's Act law stated parents could "resonably chastise" their children as long as the smack doesn't cause visible bruising (which this mother caused according to your link), grazes, scratches, minor swellings or cuts.. Not sure where the NSPCC come into this, or why you think it is legislation gone mad?

Its because of them that this legislation was brought in anyway. They want smacking outlawed. So instead of giving parents the power to discipline children the way they see fit the NSPCC is asking the government to interfere.

Its because of them that this legislation was brought in anyway. They want smacking outlawed. So instead of giving parents the power to discipline children the way they see fit the NSPCC is asking the government to interfere.

Woodmally - your views on parenting confuse me. You appear to agree with smacking children - but not allowing them to play out with their friends.

I'm glad that the governemnt did bring in the legislation, and I'm reassured that the NSPCC brought pressure to bear to ensure that children are protected, it's their job (the clue is in their title).

Unfortunately "giving parents the power to discipline children as the see fit" has resulted in some horrible cases of abuse where parents have overstepped the mark. And Government should be responsible for interfering as you call it.

So the National Society Preventing Caring for Children had their latest victim snatched from them by a common sense Judge.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/349497/Judges-release-mother-jailed-for-smacking

So this parent had a nightmare experience for simply disciplining her child. This could have lead to this child going into care and being without a parent. This is legislation gone mad.

So good news the NSPCC might ban smacking but they will have to deal with more parentless children. And we will have to pay to keep them in jail.

Well done NSPCC.

The article reveals she banged the two boys heads together,but you seem to have overlooked this detail.Not a very fit parent in my view,and perhaps other offences were committed.

The article reveals she banged the two boys heads together,but you seem to have overlooked this detail.Not a very fit parent in my view,and perhaps other offences were committed.

However that cant be the case can it as the judge has found her fit to be released.

'Barrister Ruth Smith told the Criminal Appeal Court in London that her client was arrested after one of her

sons claimed to social services that she had attacked him and caused him bruising.

The boy later admitted that was a lie he had told to get more contact with his estranged father.'

This is the reason the people got involved and had to listen was because her boy said that she hit him, when a kid does this I think they are kind of obliged to get involved.

Archived