Youth have and will always rebel. So what made you conform?

I rebelled.......but against my peer group. Never did understand what all the angst was about. If you've got a cause, fair enough, support it. But I never did get that 'whatever an authority figure says, do the opposite' mentality. Right from an early age I seemed to have enough critical thinking skills to be able to judge a situation on its merits regardless of who was telling me what I should think.:)

My mum told me 'nice girls don't' so I did and along came my eldest son. A quick way for a 16 yr old to grow up because my parents said 'you had him, you bring him up'.

That was 42 years ago and to my dying day I will be thankful that they took that stance.

Is that why your 'handle' is wornout? :hihi:

I rebelled.......but against my peer group. Never did understand what all the angst was about. If you've got a cause, fair enough, support it. But I never did get that 'whatever an authority figure says, do the opposite' mentality. Right from an early age I seemed to have enough critical thinking skills to be able to judge a situation on its merits regardless of who was telling me what I should think.:)

From the sound of you nothing much has changed,always the non-conformist with the smug attitude.:hihi:

Got into Rock in the mid 70's had a smelly old afghan and battered jeans. I sort of changed when I had to work in an office although I have always found it hard to fit totally in with the norm.

Still go to gigs and still enjoy a good festival and usually I am to be found in the Nelson on a Fri/ Sat night still love my rock wouldn't change that for anything have met some really great friends along the way.

I think it was my parents telling me that if I didn't knuckle down I'd end up in a council house on T'Cross.

Nowadays you would be very lucky indeed to get a council house on T'Cross.

The youth of today have it tough. I am surprised they aren't rebelling violently.

Archived