Who buys $900 shoes??

She was bloody good in Crossroads, but Meg Mortimer was a bit more elegant. Whatever happened to Benny, thats what I want to know?
He's probably alive and well and posting on SF judging by the number of wondow lickers on this forum.

Most clothes and shoes etc are all made in the same sweat shops for about fifty pence.

the only difference between the £500 jeans and the £15 jeans is that the sweatshop workers sewed a Gucci or Prada label in the £500 pair, and a Primark label in the £15 pair. The workers are all paid the same subsistence wages.

Who buys $900 shoes? Well, IMO those with more money than sense...

I am convinced I could find something more useful to spend the money on.

I dont think this is true. Anyone who's bought a t shirt from Primark and a T shirt from eg. Prada will tell you the T Shirt from Primark is only good for a duster after a few washes where as the Prada T shirt lives on!

Church's still make shoes in the UK - a pair of Burwood Wingtip brogues will set you back about $650 (if you buy them in the US.) You could probably pay £650 (a little over $1000) if you bought them on Treasure Island.

Loake also still make shoes in the UK. - They're a bit cheaper.

Churchs Consul crocodile shoes £2760 per pair !!

http://www.church-footwear.com/en/UK/man/exclusive-leather/consul/crocodile-black

$900 shoes. Why would anyone want anything so cheap ???

• 9 years later...
50 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

Did you join SF to resurrect a 10 year old thread?

Always thought that if a threads not been commented on in say 2 years, it should be archived somewhere.  It'd also help in searching more recent threads.