Anyone got Virgin Media?

I've got Sky, I pay £33 a month for sky tv (basic package plus a Disney Chanel), unlimited Broadband, and Sky plus box..

Would you say this was reasonable? I'm asking because I wanted to add phone and phone calls, but working it out it would take it up to £ 50 or over..:(

Just wondering if I would get a better deal with VM, thought I'd get a bit of info before approaching them ..:(

Been with Virgin since the days when it was Telewest, my package cost me £36.90 a month and consist of

Telephone weekends only (midnight friday- midnight sunday) M

Broardband 20 gb L

TV M+

free virgin security

5.0 gb backup + storage

Rarely had a problem, and when i have it,s been sorted with one free phonecall( althouth it,s outsourced) all in all a satisfied customer

I've got Sky, I pay £33 a month for sky tv (basic package plus a Disney Chanel), unlimited Broadband, and Sky plus box..

Would you say this was reasonable? I'm asking because I wanted to add phone and phone calls, but working it out it would take it up to £ 50 or over..:(

Just wondering if I would get a better deal with VM, thought I'd get a bit of info before approaching them ..:(

I am just in process of cancelling SKY. Just to let you now their line rental is increasing by £2.25 per month from December so any prices you get now are due for an increase

I have SKY TV/SKY+/SKY BB/SKY Talk and I pay just under £40 per month. It's getting ridiculous and I think their customer service is absolutely ****e. It took me 2 days to get through to their cancellation department. In the end I pressed the option for UPGRADING my package and the phone was answered within 3 rings and I'm not exaggerating. £40 can go on something better.

One thing I will miss is SKY+. It's brilliant - one touch recording but it's not worth paying £40 per month

Been with Virgin since the days when it was Telewest, my package cost me £36.90 a month and consist of

Telephone weekends only (midnight friday- midnight sunday) M

Broardband 20 gb L

TV M+

free virgin security

5.0 gb backup + storage

Rarely had a problem, and when i have it,s been sorted with one free phonecall( althouth it,s outsourced) all in all a satisfied customer

Can you tell me what TV M plus is please, and does this include a landline..sorry I'm a bit slow this morning..:hihi:

I am just in process of cancelling SKY. Just to let you now their line rental is increasing by £2.25 per month from December so any prices you get now are due for an increase

I have SKY TV/SKY+/SKY BB/SKY Talk and I pay just under £40 per month. It's getting ridiculous and I think their customer service is absolutely ****e. It took me 2 days to get through to their cancellation department. In the end I pressed the option for UPGRADING my package and the phone was answered within 3 rings and I'm not exaggerating. £40 can go on something better.

One thing I will miss is SKY+. It's brilliant - one touch recording but it's not worth paying £40 per month

So you're getting more than me for less money..:roll: because when I spoke to Sky yesterday they said if I wanted Sky talk, they could get my monthly payments down to £27 then it would be £12.50 line rental that would be £39.50 then calls on top, which could take me maybe up to or over £50..:huh:

Or have I misunderstood, the lady at Sky wasn't very helpful, as an OAP I'm finding it all a bit confusing..:roll:

I've been with virgin for 5 years now and I've got large tv, medium broadband and calls which I also get free evening and weekend calls with. That costs me £41 a month. But I'm cancelling when my contract is up because the staff are very rude and you get same as what you'd get on free view anyway.

Archived