Anyone had car problems after using supermarket fuel?

Usually use Shell v-power but I was in a rush today and filled up in Sainsbury's. Now my car engine has cut out twice for no reason, lumpy idle at lower rpm than usual, slight loss of power on acceleration...

Anyone else experienced this? I used the super unleaded so I thought it would be ok but evidently not. Would be a bit of a coincidence if it was a completely unrelated random problem. :?

I think it's watered down. I only buy petrol from proper petrol stations.

Oil companies use different tankers to fill the supermarkets,reserving the premium grade fuel for their own outlets.Having said that it may be the supermarkets who are adulterating the fuels by adding foreign agents(not spies)

Oil companies use different tankers to fill the supermarkets,reserving the premium grade fuel for their own outlets.Having said that it may be the supermarkets who are adulterating the fuels by adding foreign agents(not spies)

....and certainly not water.

Archived