Should kids be taught to speak properly?

"Somebody borrowed me a hedge trimmer"

No you stinking moron, either somebody lent you a hedge trimmer or you borrowed it.

Exactly. Even as a kid I remember my mum asking me if she could "lend a few quid".

She's from Middlesborough. :rolleyes:

This is driving me mad lately and it seems to be getting worse. I seem to spend my time correcting people under my breath every time I'm out and about.

In Tesco the other day one of this assistants said 'I selt one earlier'. Took everything in me not to shout out 'SOLD, you SOLD one earlier'.

Haven't you all got better things to do with your sorry little lives?! What's wrong with you??

Language isn't set in stone, it never has been and never will be. It evolves over time. Hardly anyone speaks the queens English these days. The English language is hardly recogniseable compared to what it was a hundred years ago.

There's nothin worse than listening to mugs like you lot moaning about the way kids speak.

Don't tell me to fak off you incredibly rude chimney.

rude chimney......OK, never heard that before.

It isn't about children/adults speaking correctly or properly, if you are in Sheffield you will hear the Sheffield dialect, if you are in Liverpool you will hear the Liverpudlian dialect, same for pretty much anywhere anyone comes from, right from the south of England to the top of Scotland and across the water crossing Wales to Ireland.

The same applies for other countries, if you go to Paris for example you will hear the French there spoken in one particular dialect while if you go to Avignon they will have their own dialect that differs slightly or majorly.

As Bonzo77 says 'Language isn't set in stone, it never has been and never will be. It evolves over time. Hardly anyone speaks the queens English these days. The English language is hardly recogniseable compared to what it was a hundred years ago.' this being the reason why we no longer speak with a Shakespearian tongue, which evolved to the Queen's English, which evolved to regional dialects.

Evolution, people! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Evolution, people! :clap: :clap: :clap:

How is this evolution?...

"Naa theyan, dick ed. Just gannin down t'porst office. tek thaz fingers out o't nooaz, alreet? Reeto. Am off naa. See thi layater bastad".

Sounds rather regressive to me.

Archived