Glastonbury tickets

I will have to wait untill April when the returns are put up for grabs but Im really tempted by the Benicassim Festival in sunny Spain, anyone have any experience of this event.The event price is £125 plus air fair about £150 return, looks a good alternative.

Getting tickets for anything these days is proving difficult. It's getting ridiculous.

I wanted Pink tickets a week or two back. On the day they were announced, I tried and tried from the moment they came on sale, but no luck, and within 5 minutes, I managed to get through to the site, where it told me that both dates at all venues had sold out. So basically, about 80,000 tickets in 5 minutes.

If you watched the documentary on Ticketmaster, you'll know where they all go. The staff keep loads and loads, sell them on Viagogo or the other sites, and the money goes back to Ticketmaster.

I appreciate you need the ID thing with Glastonbury, but I'm sure there's a way around it.

Glastonbury purposely ensures the ticket company CANT NOT buy any other tickets and put them on the secondary ticketing market. Glastonbury is very strict about this. Unfortunately for those of us without tickets, its because more people want to go than actual tickets available.

It's not just the staff, but the promoters themselves that sell the tickets on the ticket reselling websites. Even when the event doesn't sell out the promoter will try to shift a load of cheap tickets on Viagogo and eBay at the same time that they're sell the tickets for full price in an effort to cut some of their losses.

I went to watch Radiohead yesterday in Manchester and it was ticketless, I had to bring the email, photo id and the card I used to purchase the tickets. There wasn't one tout around the arena trying to buy or sell tickets.

Radiohead also did a Glastonbury. They were fed up of tickets going on the secondary ticketing market they decided to do the paperless, id route, a cheaper version of what Glastonbury did. However, somehow the tickets still ended up on the secondary ticketing market. :(

I forget. Watchdog maybe or Tonight with. Basically the ticket companies had their staff sell tickets on viagogo and other sites they also own at a premium. Worth a look if you can find it but its infuriating as it shows why you never get tickets.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/dispatches/articles/the-great-ticket-scandal-related-links

I will have to wait untill April when the returns are put up for grabs but Im really tempted by the Benicassim Festival in sunny Spain, anyone have any experience of this event.The event price is £125 plus air fair about £150 return, looks a good alternative.

Be careful with Benaccasim at the moment...... http://home.topnewstoday.org/home/article/3419760/

Radiohead also did a Glastonbury. They were fed up of tickets going on the secondary ticketing market they decided to do the paperless, id route, a cheaper version of what Glastonbury did. However, somehow the tickets still ended up on the secondary ticketing market. :(

Yea I know, I went.

Archived