Solar power system

i got solar power installed this year, but dont really know what all the bits and bobs do, or whats the best way of maximising the benefit of the electricity tariff. I would ask the installer but they went bust before going through it all. if i could send pics of my system to someone who knows what what that would be ace, all the best Dave 0781 2835178

one easy way to benefit is to ensure you actually use the free leccy during the day. get your washing machine on, immersion heater for free hot water etc, keep your useage just under the output of the panels and your working free of the grid.

one easy way to benefit is to ensure you actually use the free leccy during the day. get your washing machine on, immersion heater for free hot water etc, keep your useage just under the output of the panels and your working free of the grid.

Thanks Chris, i was told that you still get paid for the elec you generate, even if you use it, is that true?

Thanks Chris, i was told that you still get paid for the elec you generate, even if you use it, is that true?

yes you do get the feed in tariff, regardless of what you use i believe. if it were me i'd wire up a proper timer and get all my hot water heated in the daytime via the emersion heater.

yes you do get the feed in tariff, regardless of what you use i believe. if it were me i'd wire up a proper timer and get all my hot water heated in the daytime via the emersion heater.

Unless he has been screwed by the installer who may have contracted the Feed-In Tariff for themselves.

Unless he has been screwed by the installer who may have contracted the Feed-In Tariff for themselves.

A dunno ,:suspect: but me thinks these guys whom come out to check yer meters

and change them , shouldnt these guys be checked out with say someone coming at the back of them to dble check folks meters :suspect:

That's how the free systems operate isn't it? The occupier gets the free leccy and the installer gets the FIT..

That's the usual way yes. However if the installer has gone bust you'd need to know where that FIT has gone - it's probably been bought by someone else but if it's floating about unowned.....

Archived