Chavez wins . . . . .

I wonder what odds you could get on him lasting the whole six year term.

What odds are the CIA offering?

Still, as a democratically elected leader that America doesn't like, he's lasted longer than Mohammad Mosaddegh.

Obama admits U.S. role in 1953 Iran coup

Americans love democracy.

(As long as it delivers the "right" result of course.)

still, as a democratically elected leader that America doesn't like, he's lasted longer than Mohammad Mosaddegh.

he's the longest serving democratic leader in the world by far. Chavez has now served 4997 days as president of Venezuela. Which means, he'll overtake first Kohl of Germany, who served continuously for 5870 days, and then Menzies of Australia 12 days after that, to become the longest serving democratic leader ever in slightly over five years' time.

which doesn't say much for the supposed long arm/iron fist of the USA, in suppressing democracy whenever they elect leaders that they don't like.

That's because so many citizens of the USA are narrow-minded idiots.

It takes a narrow minded idiot to assume that "so many citizens of another country are narrow minded idiots"

Typical comment from someone whose never been further beyond Attercliffe Common

I'm a Brit so I guess that makes me perfect just like you and the rest of the Brits. Aren't we a lucky lot being so perfect :love:

Be nice to him poppins. He speaks French. Fought with the French Resistence in his Walter Mitty like existence

Personally I dont like Chavez. He's a trouble maker who would love to be elected for life.

However the US buys around 4 billion gallons of oil from Venezuela a year and I think he has improved the living conditions of many of the poorest Venezuelans

Archived