What adverts make you not want to buy the product?

I cannot stand those Halifax ads that have staff singing songs like 'I'll be there', like the company really gives a toss. :roll:

Given their links to the arms trade, being embroiled in mortgage fraud scandals and excessive risk taking leading upto the 2008 crash, I think the adverts should have the bank's directors singing 'we're a bunch of greedy bankers & we couldn't give a **** about you'.:rant:

Much more accurate.

What he said.

Another one here with the ffwd button. Ads popping up four minutes - four minutes! - into the programme make for extreme annoyance no matter what their content might be. For dramas and such like, I usually wait for the DVD, Lovefilm or Netflix.

That's an Americanism - it fits into their 'scheme of things' (My recorder records the first 4 minutes, shuts down and then starts up - and records trhe rest without a break.)

Netflix. I have a US subscription - costs me about $9 a month and it'S fair value for money.

When I came to Europe this year and logged on, Netflix announced: "We see you are in Europe, so you can have - at no additional charge - a hugely downgraded service at exactly the same price!"

Were you to obtain an IP transferral service in the US (a ghost IP address or a VPN) you might find your Netflix subscription far better value for money ;))

Any hair/make-up advert that comes out with such tosh as:

'NOW ... with new-improved semi-combustible, hypo-allergenic, anhydrous ceramines',

'New improved formula with advanced retinol anti-coagulant',

'New advanced retro-engineered technology, using 100% organic brain-stem cells',

'Now with zinc citrate trihydrate and formaldehyde for extra whiteness'

The rubbish they're trying to flog's aimed at daft women ... not bio-engineers!

The manufacturers come up with this garbage to justify why a pot of face cream costs £125.00.

Anyone with an ounce of common sense knows that all make-up/hair products main ingredients are flour and water. :loopy:

Any hair/make-up advert that comes out with such tosh as:

'NOW ... with new-improved semi-combustible, hypo-allergenic, anhydrous ceramines',

'New improved formula with advanced retinol anti-coagulant',

'New advanced retro-engineered technology, using 100% organic brain-stem cells',

'Now with zinc citrate trihydrate and formaldehyde for extra whiteness'

The rubbish they're trying to flog's aimed at daft women ... not bio-engineers!

The manufacturers come up with this garbage to justify why a pot of face cream costs £125.00.

Anyone with an ounce of common sense knows that all make-up/hair products main ingredients are flour and water. :loopy:

Cheers for that, had me in stitches :hihi::hihi:

Archived