IMF hand UK biggest downgrade in West.

You are a British subject living within the British society, are you not?

So, all blameless that you are, you're in it just the same, and it is in your interest to get out of it just the same.

Alternatively, feel free to buy and go live on your own island :D

And I daresay this generalisation is wrong ;)

Having been in the exact same position as you (blameless :D), yet plenty observant, I have a distinct feeling that there was only a small majority not upgrading the car/multi-holidaying/house-improving/stuffing the house with gadgets, on the pump or through 'equity release', every year or so ;)

It gives you and me a "right" to moan (as you have), but does not absolve us of our social responsibility. Else we may as well have anarchy or go back to feudalism.

Yes I am British citizen. It may well be in my interests to get out of the mess the country is in.

So if the bloke next door remortgages his house and does lots of home improvements, then goes and buys a new car on tick, and subsequently gets into a financial mess with it all. Does that mean I have to dig deep into my pockets to 'sort him out'. Are we in it together? I don't think so!

I already live on an island thanks :wink:

As for people borrowing to holiday and stuff their house with gadgets etc...It's impossible to say what the percentage was (although some smart alec will produce a stat link from somewhere no doubt), but I still think the mojority of people didn't. For one thing because they couldn't afford to. I'm on the same wage now, as I was back in 1999. So my earnings havn't risen in 12 years!

It's just the pious mp's that annoy me and say 'we're all in this together'. It would be nice if someone said. Ok I know probably most of you didn't cause this problem. We will be tackling those who did. But please bear with us, we're trying to sort it out as best we can. We need everyone's help.

But no!...We all caused it, so we all have to suffer!

You complain about a report that says we are not going far enough and that's the reason for the downgrade, and then complain that we are doing what is needed, according to the report, to stave off the fall?

Where does this report say anything like that? :huh:

It blames the Eurozone in this news report, but France & Germany are predicted to grow.

This ideology that 'we' all had a hand in the borrowing of huge amounts of money, so 'we're all in it together', I'm afraid doesn't wash with me. I didn't borrow money during the 'boom' years.

I'm not paying back money borrowed during that time. I didn't cause the banks to almost go bust. I didn't falsify earnings to get a mortgage, and end up becoming a toxic mortgage holder.

That's what annoys me about this 'mantra' of all being in it together and working together to get out of it.

I, and I daresay the majority of Britons didn't cause it!

(Ok...deep breath....rant over)

Can you answer this Pete?...........why is my first house which I paid £3,950 for, currently for sale at £375,000

Can you answer this Pete?...........why is my first house which I paid £3,950 for, currently for sale at £375,000

Economics 101.

I like it:)

I assume it's because of over-exaggerated housing prices, and some element of inflation. Plus maybe you spent money on it, in the form of improvements.

Is it actually 'worth' £375,000...?

It's probably a 'loaded' question anyway. :suspect::hihi:

Please explain your point in asking!

This ideology that 'we' all had a hand in the borrowing of huge amounts of money, so 'we're all in it together', I'm afraid doesn't wash with me. I didn't borrow money during the 'boom' years.

I'm not paying back money borrowed during that time. I didn't cause the banks to almost go bust. I didn't falsify earnings to get a mortgage, and end up becoming a toxic mortgage holder.

That's what annoys me about this 'mantra' of all being in it together and working together to get out of it.

I, and I daresay the majority of Britons didn't cause it!

(Ok...deep breath....rant over)

I'm in the same boat as you, but many people are paying back the money they borrowed, and paying back borrowed money means less money being spent in the nations business’s, which in turn means less growth and tax being paid.

No one should be encouraged to borrow money just so the economy can grow; I doubt we are close to the end of the financial crisis.

I assume it's because of over-exaggerated housing prices, and some element of inflation. Plus maybe you spent money on it, in the form of improvements.

Is it actually 'worth' £375,000...?

It's probably a 'loaded' question anyway. :suspect::hihi:

Please explain your point in asking!

I think my question illustrates that the majority living in Britain at some stage in their lives,have been in it altogether.............you may have received some sort of tax allowance on your mortgage,....millions have.

I think my question illustrates that the majority living in Britain at some stage in their lives,have been in it altogether.............you may have received some sort of tax allowance on your mortgage,....millions have.

Never had a mortgage! So I wouldn't know! :|

I'm in the same boat as you, but many people are paying back the money they borrowed, and paying back borrowed money means less money being spent in the nations business’s, which in turn means less growth and tax being paid.

No one should be encouraged to borrow money just so the economy can grow; I doubt we are close to the end of the financial crisis.

I doubt we're anywhere near the end of it all either.

I just don't like being tarred with the all over brush. We all caused it, so WE all need to get out of it!..."We're all in this together"...

I didn't cause it, and despite what some posters say, I don't think the majority of British people caused it either. Clearly there is a significant percentage that did live waaaay beyond their means on borrowed money.

I'd just like some recognition from government that acknowledges that a sizeable portion of the UK populus (mainly the less well off), didn't actually cause the problems. (yet it seems the government want to target the less well off as a priority)

I do feel that Joe Public has been brainwashed by government waffle!

I do feel that Joe Public has been brainwashed by government waffle!

The MSM have us hoodwinked on behalf of their Elite.

Central banks in Europe, UK & USA printing money like water, Japan 10 years on still doing the same.

Who is questioning this in the MSM?

The gullible public line i dont fall for anymore though. If you have access to a computer you have access to the truth.

Go find it....

Archived