IMF hand UK biggest downgrade in West.

Dont play the "other usernames" thing on me to get me banned, just because you dont like what I'm saying; I've been a memeber here since the start of last year.

Ansd you've also posted as GetItdone, OneOfTheseDays blah, blah Correct?

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/article-2214814/IMF-warns-risks-global-recovery--hands-UK-biggest-downgrade-leading-economies.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

On the back of yesterday's announcement, that 10bn is going to be saved from benefits, and there is to be no mansion tax.

The 10bn saving from benefits is cutting MORE than any other economy. It seems only Cameron and Osborne fail to see that hitting the poor masses, whilst the super rich amass even more wealth and are still unaffected by the recession cannot possibly lead to growth. The super rich just put it in their offshore bank accounts to lie dormant, the poor NEED to spend it.

How much longer are they going to keep plunging the UK deeper in to the abyss?

As long as it takes to destroy it, because that's what they want you know, a complete break down in society, it leads to more extreme laws being passed.

These people are psychopaths and people think they don't know what they are doing, they know exactly what they are doing, that's the worrying thing.

I don't remember you (or your other usernames for that matter) tipping us off

at the time!

It's not as if Gordon Brown would listen to advice though, is it? Brown's mantra was no more boom and bust. We ended up with six consecutive quarters of a shrinking economy because Brown was so blind to reality.

It's not as if Gordon Brown would listen to advice though, is it? Brown's mantra was no more boom and bust. We ended up with six consecutive quarters of a shrinking economy because Brown was so blind to reality.

:loopy: So brown was to blame for most of the other countries in the developed world going into recession too!:confused:

Japan, someone has just mentioned, has been in a recession for nearly 30 years now, has just done it's 27th 'quantative easing' spree, Einstein defined madness as trying the same thing over and over expecting a different result.

Regards,acman.

As long as it takes to destroy it, because that's what they want you know, a complete break down in society, it leads to more extreme laws being passed.

These people are psychopaths and people think they don't know what they are doing, they know exactly what they are doing, that's the worrying thing.

This is an opinion that has long been doing the rounds on the internet - since well before the crash even happened. They were considered to be the musings of mad conspiracy nutters, idiots, etc etc etc.

However they've been proved right about the crash. It remains to be seen if they are right about the rest, but they seem to have a better handle on things than some of the so called experts, who should be ashamed of themselves for not preventing the economic disaster when it was so clearly approaching.

The fact that they didn't, does suggest a level of a) incompetance or b) collaboration.

As for the breakdown in society, don't look now but the chess pieces are already being put in place to control the coming nightmare. It's all there for anyone to see if they care to look. I fail to see how anyone can still doubt it. That said, we need to work together to do everything we can to prevent it - it won't be pretty, and it won't solve anything.

What surprises me is that people have taken so much lying down already. Will the coming cuts be the last straw?

Japan, someone has just mentioned, has been in a recession for nearly 30 years now, has just done it's 27th 'quantative easing' spree, Einstein defined madness as trying the same thing over and over expecting a different result.

Regards,acman.

Whoever mentioned that was totally wrong... http://www.google.co.uk/publicdata/explore?ds=d5bncppjof8f9_&ctype=l&strail=false&bcs=d&nselm=h&met_y=ny_gdp_mktp_kd_zg&scale_y=lin&ind_y=false&rdim=region&idim=country:JPN&ifdim=region&hl=en&dl=en&ind=false&q=japan+gdp+growth+graph

30 years ago Japan had over 3% growth & it continued to grow for the next 15 years. They had 23 years of growth from 1975-1997. They then had growth below 2.5% for the next 10 years & they refer to that as the 'lost decade', but it wasn't a recession for the whole decade, just for the first 2 years & after that growth was a bit flat.

Well he was right. There wasn't much boom from him just bust....

Why should the government do it? - What happened to familes?
That is the essence of the problem, in 21st century UK: little in the way of 'families' (in the traditional sense).

Funny all the same: my maternal grandmother was a bretonne too, from Brest.

Archived