Jailed for facebook comments

I really think that Judges need to live in the real world. On the one hand they hand out leniant sentences for scroats who steal, speed cars etc. Who actually cause harm to individuals.

Yet a sad low life who just spends his time posting offensive comments on facebook which people can ignore (better still he can be banned by facebook) gets a jail sentence.

Surely we need to look at the whole sentencing issue in this country.

I really think that Judges need to live in the real world. On the one hand they hand out leniant sentences for scroats who steal, speed cars etc. Who actually cause harm to individuals.

Yet a sad low life who just spends his time posting offensive comments on facebook which people can ignore (better still he can be banned by facebook) gets a jail sentence.

Surely we need to look at the whole sentencing issue in this country.

Agreed. Definately excessive. If I was him I'd be appealing, off to the European court of human rights and after some compensation.

facebook has a responsibility for it. I don't know how they get away with claiming no responsibility for cases like this.

but his "offensive" comments were about a potentially mudered 5 year old. He deserves his punishment.

Well there is no rules to break is they?

But dogs have to be house trained to claim membership

facebook has a responsibility for it. I don't know how they get away with claiming no responsibility for cases like this.

but his "offensive" comments were about a potentially mudered 5 year old. He deserves his punishment.

What jailing him for words. Yes his comments are awful but there are easier ways to deal with him than a jail term.

Archived