Jailed for facebook comments

I wonder how many of the people complaining about his treatment do the same if he'd taken an advert in a newspaper, or hired a billboard and posted the same joke?

But he didn't did he?

What if everybody who told a joke in poor taste loudly in a pub was put in jail?

Why is it ok for the Daily Telegraph to reprint his comments?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/facebook/9594228/April-Jones-Facebook-troll-jailed-for-despicable-comments.html

The 'Jokes' are not funny, but as far as I can see he didn't send them to the family, or try to target them directly, so why not just ignore the idiot? Jail for this is insane.

But he didn't did he?

How is posting it on your Facebook profile or Twitter page, (set up so that anyone can view them), any different to posting it on a billboard, which anyone can view?

What if everybody who told a joke in poor taste loudly in a pub was put in jail?

From what I've heard of the "joke", he probably would have been removed from the pub by several ****** off angry customers and would probably have learnt from his hospital bed not to make such jokes again in public. Sadly the internet doesn't have a "punch the fool who wrote that" function, as it would seriously cut down on the number of trolls on here.

How is posting it on your Facebook profile or Twitter page, (set up so that anyone can view them), any different to posting it on a billboard, which anyone can view?

You've clearly never used Facebook, so let me explain... usually only people on their friends list, or possibly friends of their friends can see it. He wasn't announcing it in a national newspaper or paying to hire a big billboard. It was a drunken sick joke on a personal Facebook page.

From what I've heard of the "joke", he probably would have been removed from the pub by several ****** off angry customers and would probably have learnt from his hospital bed not to make such jokes again in public. Sadly the internet doesn't have a "punch the fool who wrote that" function, as it would seriously cut down on the number of trolls on here.

That might have happened in some pubs you frequent (remind me never to drink with you), but he wouldn't get 3 months in jail. More likely his attackers would be arrested & then let free for ABH.

Which guy you talking about?

The one I seen on the news has not been jailed

This is yesterday's news, he cut & pasted a joke about April Jones to his Facebook, got 3 months. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-19869710

There was somebody else 'spared jail' today for comments about soldiers going to hell on his Facebook page. http://news.sky.com/story/995338/facebook-man-spared-jail-over-comments

We all have to watch what we say online.

Archived