Jailed for facebook comments

Perhaps he should have asked himself "Do I have the guts to speak out these words in Machynlleth town centre?"

And when he realises he doesn't, maybe he shouldn't do the same on the internet.

Too many people on here complain about trolls spoiling this forum, now people are whinging when action is taken.

the correct action would be to ban that person from the online site they posted the comments on............ but under NO circumstances should the police/CPS / courts become involved.

There is no such thing as total freedom of speech and we have always had limits,but it would be a shame that in the future what we say would become more restricted because of people who abuse what leval of freedom we allready have.

Its a shame this person has been given a prison sentence,and it does seem to be a high price to pay if he was a sick indvidual,or mischief maker making comments he didn't really mean, but i expect an example is being made in this case to deter others.

It's about money at the end of the day, we can't afford to do this

The police have more prioritys like tackling crime, burglaries as well

Their passing law to let you hurt burglars even more when they should be working on preventing it

I'm not defending criminals but alot have been let down by this country

So how do you respond to the bit about him having to be taken into protective custody for his own safety?

Should the police have to go to these lengths to protect him because of what he published?

So how do you respond to the bit about him having to be taken into protective custody for his own safety?

Should the police have to go to these lengths to protect him because of what he published?

If they want to punish them then a fine should be the maximum but the costs of the trial far out way the fine each time

If people don't like what they read then ya best of deleting them

Yes. You don't have the right to physically threaten someone because they said something you don't like on the internet.

Really? Fair enough if that's true, but it's surprising to me, when presumably you didn't know her and it was 20 years ago or thereabouts.

As I said its because the individual is named. Its irrelevant whether I know them the fact is that someone does know the person that has died. I always think I hope william and harry don't hear it. Its called empathy!

the correct action would be to ban that person from the online site they posted the comments on............ but under NO circumstances should the police/CPS / courts become involved.

what about if he then goes on facebook again. Its clearly a silly idea to ban him from facebook.

Archived