It's me or the cats!

A friend of mine's girlfriend has 2 beloved house cats. He gets on with the cats ok but is no cat lover. She is talking about moving in with him (his house) but of course she wants to bring her cats. He's very happy to have her move in but wonders whether love will let him see past the scratched furniture, the cat fur getting everywhere, the random bits of poo on the floor (cat poo not GF!), the odd wet patch here and there, and the miaowing and scratching at the bedroom door throughout the night. Has anybody any experience of this? Will love see him through or will he eventually break and give her the ultimatum?

I wouldn't be in a relationship with anybody who wasn't as happy as I am to have the animals about the place- it just wouldn't work otherwise.

Plus it's my house and I pay for the cleaner, so I'm not forcing anybody to be here with me.

I wouldn't have any animals living in the house. No thanks.

Been there, done that, with dogs and cats, in the past.

I like a nice clean home, without scratched or ruined furniture, or hair and fur and smells and fleas. I'm able to have children so I don't need to have animals instead and pretend they are children. And I'm not so lonely as to need to talk to an animal for company or use it as a reason to go out for a walk.

So, I would be saying no to the cats moving in - which probably isn't what she'd want to hear I suppose. But if the cats were more important then it would be the right decision anyway.

I wouldn't have any animals living in the house. No thanks.

Been there, done that, with dogs and cats, in the past.

I like a nice clean home, without scratched or ruined furniture, or hair and fur and smells and fleas. I'm able to have children so I don't need to have animals instead and pretend they are children. And I'm not so lonely as to need to talk to an animal for company or use it as a reason to go out for a walk.

So, I would be saying no to the cats moving in - which probably isn't what she'd want to hear I suppose. But if the cats were more important then it would be the right decision anyway.

I'm with you on that, but i fear you may incur the wrath of the SF pet Mafia :hihi:

I'm with you on that, but i fear you may incur the wrath of the SF pet Mafia :hihi:

Not at all- you have your opinion and your choice and that's perfectly valid.

It's your choice for your life, and my choice is for my life.

I'd be very unlikely to enter into a relationship with anybody who didn't like animals anyway, so it's something that should be discussed at the start of a relationship so that it doesn't have to be imposed on anybody, in either direction.

Not at all- you have your opinion and your choice and that's perfectly valid.

Medusa, your reply almost serves as an admission of you being the 'Godmother' of the SF Pet Mafia :hihi:

Just without the wrath!

As an animal lover, what do you use in place of a horses head?

Archived