It's me or the cats!

Medusa, your reply almost serves as an admission of you being the 'Godmother' of the SF Pet Mafia :hihi:

Just without the wrath!

As an animal lover, what do you use in place of a horses head?

It's more of a direction than an admission :)

I don't need to use anything in place of a horse's head- I'm too much of a pacifist to need to treat anyone in such a confrontational and inflammatory way.

See, and there was me urging a bit of 'live and let live' and we just have a blanket generalisation.

I'm not a cat owner- we cohabit :)

Oh come on - no one cohabits with cats. The only reason cats have staff aka humans is because they cannot work a tin opener :-)

I wouldn't be in a relationship with anybody who wasn't as happy as I am to have the animals about the place- it just wouldn't work otherwise.

Plus it's my house and I pay for the cleaner, so I'm not forcing anybody to be here with me.

Wish I had cleaner. How much?

Often pets take priority over even close relationships. There seems to be a sacred bond between a pet and it's owner.

Best to let the girl live separate than spoil a good thing. If you cant agree one hundred percent on issues before moving in together then forget about it

I'm disappointed with the reasonable responses so far.

The truth is, if I fell in love with someone and they happened to come with a cat - then they'd both be welcome. But if love came first then I wouldn't be keen on the cat coming later. Or a dog.

I love dogs and would probably have one, if, I had enough outdoor space for it to run around freely and have it's own kennel outdoors. Otherwise no.

Archived