It's me or the cats!

Probably wouldn't be in a relationship with someone who didn't like animals.

OH is not keen on cats but when we met I had two and he soon got used to them and was upset when they died. Neither did he really want our dog but now loves her to bits and wouldn't be without her.

People who say they dont like animals often change when living with them as they realise they are all individual characters and not just a pet.

I love cats, so if someone brought cats into a relationship, it would be a bonus to me :)

It would be wrong to give someone an ultimatum 'its me or the cat/dog'. Adopting a pet is a commitment for 10-20 years, relationships are not guaranteed to last that long. And it would not be a good omen if a person was prepared to give up their pet just because something else came along.

Strangely enough....my cat doesn't get drunk, end up in a police cell or court....my cat doesn't feel the need to find "comfort" with others, my cat doesn't disrespect me or call me foul things....my cat doesn't think he is single and thus behaves as he is.....my cat is loyal, faithful and sat with me as I type this....my cat thinks I am the best thing since sliced mouse.

Would I prefer to have a partner that makes me feel unwanted, unloved, undervalued and makes me cry......or would I prefer to have the cat.....who has an endless supply of nosey kisses and face rubs for me??

No brainer....no contest. :)

Incidentally....my cat sleeps on a huge box at the end of the bed.....until the partner stays...then my cat settles on the bed where the partner would sleep....as if to say "you are muscling in on MY human, it ain't happening".

Sometimes I wonder if our pets think "It's ME or THAT human"!!! :hihi:

Strangely enough....my cat doesn't get drunk, end up in a police cell or court....my cat doesn't feel the need to find "comfort" with others, my cat doesn't disrespect me or call me foul things....my cat doesn't think he is single and thus behaves as he is.....my cat is loyal, faithful and sat with me as I type this....my cat thinks I am the best thing since sliced mouse.

Would I prefer to have a partner that makes me feel unwanted, unloved, undervalued and makes me cry......or would I prefer to have the cat.....who has an endless supply of nosey kisses and face rubs for me??

Incidentally....my cat sleeps on a huge box at the end of the bed.....until the partner stays...then my cat settles on the bed where the partner would sleep....as if to say "you are muscling in on MY human, it ain't happening".

That reminds me of a coffee mug a friend of mine used to have, it read "The more I meet people, the more I like my pets!"

I really am going to have to ask for a 'like' button on SF :)

The cats don't object to the OH muscling in and taking their human, but the dog does!

Archived