Parking Near M1 Jnct 30/29

Hi

Does anyone know of somewhere I can safely park my car near Jnct 30/29 off the M1 please? I am meeting a colleague from work and travelling to London so my car will be there all day. The layby I used to use has since had restrictions put on it so I'm at a loss of where to leave my car.

Thanks

Emma

Just off J30, come towards Sheffield, take the first right, towards Anston/Aston (I forget which it is). There are quite a few streets there, and it's a nice area. It's not massively busy, so I'm sure no one would mind one car.

Just off J30, come towards Sheffield, take the first right, towards Anston/Aston (I forget which it is). There are quite a few streets there, and it's a nice area. It's not massively busy, so I'm sure no one would mind one car.

I think that's jct 31. You have a couple of other options. Park at woodhall services and pay I'd guess £15 or so and leave it secure(ish) all day. There is a lay by on jct 30 towards renishaw which seems to have a few vehicles left for long periods but is pitch black at night. Other option could be the industrial estate at markham vale at 29a.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moosey

I think that's jct 31. You have a couple of other options. Park at woodhall services and pay I'd guess £15 or so and leave it secure(ish) all day. There is a lay by on jct 30 towards renishaw which seems to have a few vehicles left for long periods but is pitch black at night. Other option could be the industrial estate at markham vale at 29a.

Sorry you're right! Oops!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Hi

Does anyone know of somewhere I can safely park my car near Jnct 30/29 off the M1 please? I am meeting a colleague from work and travelling to London so my car will be there all day. The layby I used to use has since had restrictions put on it so I'm at a loss of where to leave my car.

Thanks

Emma

Can't you leave it on the Barlborough Links business area? I think if you get to Junc 30 early enough there is a bit of the layby between the A619 and the M1 that isn't restricted..

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Barlborough&hl=en&ll=53.286004,-1.29239&spn=0.002713,0.004823&sll=52.8382,-2.327815&sspn=11.240914,19.753418&oq=barl&hnear=Barlborough,+Derbyshire,+United+Kingdom&t=h&z=18&layer=c&cbll=53.286004,-1.29239&panoid=tZzdmRMuBOAAliS6TGeLQA&cbp=12,201.27,,0,26.43

J31 southbound, take the first exit off the roundabout and first left. There is a cul de sac which seems unused with no houses or businesses on there!

Alternatively j30 Woodhall services, take the service road off the road and park in the layby at the end of there!

Archived