Fright Night Sheffield 2012

doom bringer

We had lots of people wanting our pictures. Why not put the effort in? It's only once a year.
we took youngest daughter, several people took pictures cos she made the effort to get dressed & made up for the occasion, but neither of us thought much of the event itself, it catered mainly for junk food enthusiasts

I thought it was very poor too. Everything seemed crammed in to one spot, nothing was organised. There were no times as to what was going on, just the map saying where things was.
they were handing out mini maps which gave the times of various acts

I think now as with most events or outings the aim is always to make the public dip in to your pockets and spend as much as possible . but a good time was still had if you take part in whats going on and not just ask to be entertained . it is much more fun to become part of the show .. I for one became part of the show just by makeing the effort to wear a costume. nad had a line of ppl wanting to have a pic with me .

The cost of things i was not moaning about. I only took part in things i could see at the time or it was just to busy to be in one place to look, the event this year just seem it was much less of things then in the other years i have been.

Has for a costume i was dressed up has a chav, I am a goth so every day it is like halloween, so has people like to dress up for this in a costume once a year, me and my friend like to dress "down" for our costume and see what it is like :hihi:. Good vids by the way, i seen you're other vids over the years that you done, i enjoy watching them.

I think it's become a victim of it's own success. I've loved it over previous years, but I think the General Public now feel they need to be 'entertained'.

It was a great event for dressing up and feeling part of your own entertainment, like minded people/unofficial fancy dress comps/bragging rights for outrageous costumes and antics.

It's become a 'spectator' event and the 'spectators' are bemoaning the lack of 'things to see', BECOME PART OF IT..that's what it set out to do, and yes there is the commercial element now, but to make it fun to see, be a part of and enjoy is to get out there, dress up, play a character and have fun, just saying!!

i thought it was very poor, wasnt too much too see except food vans which were selling vastly overpriced grub, scariest thing i saw was longy67 or "lofty" as i know him, by eck was he scaring the kids, just a usual day for him really ;)

Oy, ya cheeky chuff....:hihi::hihi:

We didn't quite "get it", myself and the kids that is.

We saw lots of adults dressed for the occasion and only too willing to get in your face with moans and groans etc, whist the kids in tow were very lightly decorated in comparison, when i expected the opposite.

It seemed more of an adult event than one for the kids to us, bar the tat stalls that is, and quite disappointing. To sum up it seemed like an escapism night for attention seeking parents, who made a great effort on themselves at the expense of their kids. We left early and took our kids to the local club where the main event was a fancy dress competition, a much more enjoyable experience on the whole with all the attention on them.

Archived